After 35 years in the business, Buro Happold is one of the largest and most experienced engineering firms in the world. With 1,400 staff and 52 partners in 29 offices situated around the globe, their vast portfolio includes buildings and projects across all engineering sectors.
- Build and define brand identity
- Differentiate company in a competitive environment
- Clearly explain what Buro Happold really offers (full breadth)
- Focus the website on client sectors - align with the client’s world
- Focus on problems solved and benefits to end clients
- Help develop relationships with clients – proximity in their sectors
- Present projects in a far more dynamic manner
- Position Buro Happold as thought leaders
- Promote their people / expert opinion
- Help recruit the best people – a place to aspire to work
- Promote social impact of what BH does
In November 2010 when Buro Happold approached Liquid Light to plan, design and produce their new site, much had changed online since the original site was published in 2005. Part of the challenge lay in creating a site that would both define and bring the Buro Happold brand up to date.
It was immediately clear that they wanted a very bold and different site from from their competitors as well as a site that challenge their own and their client's expectations. Part of the marketing strategy was also align themselves more with their client's by focusing on key sectors as well as the more traditional disciplines.
Using our mood-boarding based approach; we developed a design and persona for Buro Happold that makes the brand truly striking, distinct from the rest of market. Using bold, cogent design we convey the strength and confidence of the organisation that has an established legacy of experience but presented in a modern format.
Through strategic content profiling we were able to identify key content and categorised by sector to allow visitors to easily locate their particular interest among the many fields Buro Happold work in. Through intelligent architecture we display all the elements that make their projects so successful which promotes the services and expert knowledge of the organisation and its people.
'Hero' case studies also identified are brought to the fore and presented with dynamically moving photography that showcases the impressive work Buro Happold does, the challenges it faces and intelligent solutions it provides.
The end result promotes the experience and understanding, the innovation and excitement of Buro Happold.
“Superb! Thanks for all your hard work over the past 9 months and superhuman efforts in the final sprint to the tape. You've created a website we can be proud of.”