After 35 years in the business, BuroHappold is one of the largest and most experienced engineering firms in the world. With 1,400 staff and 52 partners in 29 offices situated around the globe, their vast portfolio includes buildings and projects across all engineering sectors.
- Integrate an entirely new brand identity into the existing site
- Simplify and clean up existing content architecture
- Fully mobile responsive
- Build and define brand identity
- Differentiate company in a competitive environment
- Clearly explain what BuroHappold really offers (full breadth)
- Focus the website on client sectors - align with the client’s world
- Focus on problems solved and benefits to end clients
- Help develop relationships with clients – proximity in their sectors
- Present projects in a far more dynamic manner
- Position BuroHappold as thought leaders
- Promote their people / expert opinion
- Help recruit the best people – a place to aspire to work
- Promote social impact of what BuroHappold does
In November 2010 when BuroHappold approached Liquid Light to plan, design and produce their new site, much had changed online since the original site was published in 2005. Part of the challenge lay in creating a site that would both define and bring the BuroHappold brand up to date.
It was immediately clear that they wanted a very bold and different site from from their competitors as well as a site that challenge their own and their client's expectations. Part of the marketing strategy was also align themselves more with their client's by focusing on key sectors as well as the more traditional disciplines.
More recently (2014) - we were asked to integrate and launch an entirely new brand for BuroHappold to the existing site, featuring an entirely new logo, new typography and brand new colour scheme. Whilst working on this process we also asked to simplifying and improve the website’s information architecture.
The result is a clean and fresh look and feel that feels very much part of the site rather than a brand that’s been retrofitted to a previous website. Our strategic content profiling workflow enabled us to identify key content and categorised by sector to allow visitors to easily locate their particular interest among the many fields BuroHappold work in whilst keeping the navigation minimal and far more appropriate to mobile responsive environments Through intelligent architecture we display all the elements that make their projects so successful which promotes the services and expert knowledge of the organisation and its people.
'Hero' case studies also identified are brought to the fore and presented with dynamically moving photography that showcases the impressive work BuroHappold does, the challenges it faces and intelligent solutions it provides.
The end result promotes the experience and understanding, the innovation and excitement of BuroHappold.
“Superb! Thanks for all your hard work over the past 9 months and superhuman efforts in the final sprint to the tape. You've created a website we can be proud of.”