If you’re having an initial moment of “How on earth do I do that?” when someone asks you “Have you cleared you cache?” don’t worry. It doesn’t need to be complicated and below you’ll find some helpful instructions on ‘how to’.
We've detailed step-by-step instructions on how to clear your browser cache in Internet Explorer (IE9 and higher):
- Select Tools (via the Gear Icon), Safety > Delete browsing history
- If the menu bar is hidden, press Alt to make it visible
- Deselect Preserve Favourites website data, and select:
- Temporary Internet files or Temporary Internet files and website files
- Cookies or Cookies and website data
- Click Delete. You will see a confirmation at the bottom of the window when the process is complete
- Exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser
For more information on what a browser cache is, and how to clear it in some of the most popular desktop and mobile browsers check out Quick Tips: How to clear your cache.
Candice is our Digital Account Manager and first point of call for our clients. When she's not organising projects or helping out you'll find her singing a song or two and hitting the gym.