If you’re having an initial moment of “How on earth do I do that?” when someone asks you “Have you cleared you cache?” don’t worry. It doesn’t need to be complicated and below you’ll find some helpful instructions on ‘how to’.
We've detailed step-by-step instructions on how to clear your browser cache in Mozilla Firefox:
- From the History menu, select Clear Recent History
- If the menu bar is hidden, press Alt to make it visible
- From the Time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your entire cache, select Everything
- Next to "Details", click the down arrow to choose which elements of the history to clear; to clear your entire cache, select all items
- Click Clear Now
- Exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser
For more information on what a browser cache is, and how to clear it in some of the most popular desktop and mobile browsers check out Quick Tips: How to clear your cache.