If you’re having an initial moment of “How on earth do I do that?” when someone asks you “Have you cleared you cache?” don’t worry. It doesn’t need to be complicated and below you’ll find some helpful instructions on ‘how to’.
We've detailed step-by-step instructions on how to clear your browser cache in Internet Explorer (IE9 and higher):
- Select Tools (via the Gear Icon), Safety > Delete browsing history
- If the menu bar is hidden, press Alt to make it visible
- Deselect Preserve Favourites website data, and select:
- Temporary Internet files or Temporary Internet files and website files
- Cookies or Cookies and website data
- Click Delete. You will see a confirmation at the bottom of the window when the process is complete
- Exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser
For more information on what a browser cache is, and how to clear it in some of the most popular desktop and mobile browsers check out Quick Tips: How to clear your cache.