International Health Partnership
The IHP+ was launched in September 2007 to help developing countries improve their progress towards achieving the health-related Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). Co‐hosted by the World Bank and the World Health Organization, all signatories to the IHP+ Global Compact are committed to work together under the leadership of developing country partners to improve health care and health outcomes. They have agreed to meet each year to review progress on the partnership and the signatories' commitments.
IHP+ felt it was time their website had a total redesign as it was not representing their stake holders effectively enough. They ask Liquid Light to help create a brand new platform for their inspiring organisation. A website that was inclusive and inviting to all parties involved, whether it was grass root society organisations or political entities, NGOs & academics.
Our challenge was to create a look and feel that was official and authoritative enough to carry political weight but was inviting, clear and inclusive.
With so many stakeholders all over the world we needed an engaging way to represent this diversity in an interactive way.
As an advocacy focused organisation, many of the results which IHP+ need to measure revolve around helping to encourage governments, charities and non government organisations (NGO’s) to work closer, developing a more integrated and effective approach to health care, with the ultimate end objective of improving health care outcomes.
As a specialist NGO web design agency, we understand that the objectives of the IHP+ website are much more subtle and complex than B2C websites, which simply need to for example measure increased sales or subscriptions. The KPI’s and results delivered by the IHP+ website are therefore a little more challenging to define and measure.
The IHP+ website targets a niche audience group of key decision makers, so generating millions of visitors was never the intention, however we have seen healthy increase surpassing expectations and targets:
- 30% Increase in user numbers, highlighting improved engagement with target audiences
- A reduction in pages per session due to improved information architecture
- 19% reduction in bounce rates, highlighting an improved targeting and relevance
On the softer side the website has:
- Improved the organisations ability to publishing and communicate quickly and effectively, using a powerful content management system TYPO3 CMS
- Created a resource of relevant tools for key stakeholders
- Provided a central hub for country specific information
- Enhanced the dissemination of data & statistics on the effectiveness of country programs
- Used richer media (video, charts etc) to help to engage with stake holders who suffer from shorter attention spans
- Improved search and discovery of key documents and reports
We feel our client says it best
"As a partnership of over 50 developing countries, development agencies and UN organizations, the new IHP+ website had to satisfy many different stakeholders criteria. Liquid Light guided us through the design and development process in a very professional way, with excellent results and a website that we are all happy with.”
Jane Dyrhauge, IHP+ Core Team, World Health Organization
"As a partnership of over 50 developing countries, development agencies and UN organizations, the new IHP+ website had to satisfy many different criteria. Liquid Light guided us through the design and development process in a very professional way, with excellent results and a website that we are all happy with."