World Cities Network
World Cities Network is an independent body created to improve the sharing of ideas between city leaders and professionals within the real estate, technology, and urban infrastructure industries. World City Network aims to facilitate the sharing of knowledge, ideas and experience, ultimately leading to the development of more resilient and sustainable cities.
- To help launch World Cities Network to the public (supporting their launch event), establishing a new organisation.
- To create a website which could promote World Cities Network’s agenda of building resilient cities.
- To create an online destination for knowledge leaders to begin to share their knowledge and experience.
- To foster community and collaboration within an area that is geographically and sectorially diverse.
- Ultimately to support World City Network in engaging with stakeholders.
World Cities Network’s business model contains a number of different strategies – the website needed to incorporate the different strategic directions creating a space which allows for an adaptive evolution of the business.
As a new venture, WCN only had a small amount of initial content, but this was obviously going to grow and scale over time – the website design therefore needed to be feel complete and coherent when there was only a minimal amount for content present, but it needed to scale seamlessly as contributors began to engage.
Liquid Light produced a simple and elegant website that promoted WCN and its objectives, whilst creating a space for community to develop sharing knowledge and information.
The website is based on an enterprise class content management platform TYPO3 CMS and is designed to be fully mobile responsive ensuring it displays in an optimised manner across devices.