The Digital Agency for Nonprofit organizations
Liquid Light is an award winning web design agency and partner for Non-governmental organizations (NGOs), Nonprofit organizations and Foundations.
Nonprofit organizations and charities play an essential role in both society and the world around us - these are the organisations that help shape a better place for us all to live in, and we are proud & dedicated to helping these organizations achieve their mission & mandate.
Over the last 25 years, LIquid LIght has developed significant experience & specialism, working with some of the world's biggest NGOs and Nonprofit organizations, so if your existing website is no longer fit-for-purpose and needs redesigning, your CMS is restricting your ability to manage your websites content, you have a new project or initiative, or if your current agency is not supporting you appropriately, then we would love to talk to you.
Why Choose Liquid Light as your digital partner
The answer to this question is that we understand your needs & challenges.
Whilst many agencies can design & build a website for a commercial product or service, Nonprofit organizations & NGOs operate in a very different space, embodying more complex missions & mandates. Our experience or working with a wide range of nonprofit organizations, charities and NGOs ensures we understand the issues and challenges you face.
- Experienced in multi stakeholder environments - We understand that designing websites & campaigns for NGOs & Nonprofit organizations differ from commercial projects, as you often have a diverse spectrum of stakeholders ranging from individual beneficiaries to high level government officials; each with very different needs and objectives.
- Understand online advocacy & engagement - Advocacy focused organisations require a more subtle & nuanced approach, where taking the time to consider the different stakeholder groups, their needs and how best to engage is critical to ensuring that your website appropriately engages with your visitors.
- Communicating more effectively - Whilst an organisation will have experts & specialists who have deep institutional & sectoral knowledge, refining this into effective externally focused communications can be a real challenge.
- Measuring & proving effectiveness & success - Showing your results & achievements is key for you and your stakeholders, yet not always easy to demonstrate & quantify on your website, as this can often be characterised by collaborations with others, more abstract statistics, and effects spread over long time scales or large geographic areas.
- Political & sensitive environments - Whilst a mission or mandate may be clear & concise, we understand and are experienced in managing and negotiating the need for sensitivity in relation to partners, donors, hierarchies and international politics that often make these projects more challenging.
- Engaging locally & Internationally - Whilst a website can communicate with anyone on the internet, the needs of local communities can be very different from global messaging, and the need for multilingual capabilities are obviously important but create their own challenges.
- Need for powerful, yet cost effective CMS - Many organisations are mired by proprietary, or under powered, or inappropriate, or costly or poorly implemented CMS’s, reducing their ability to manage their website & content.
- Lack of digital expertise & support - Whilst organizations can be full of experts (in their field) they can struggle to build and retain web design & digital expertise, Here LIquid Light has chosen to become a specialist partner adding this capability into nonprofit organisations.
Our specialism & experience in working with nonprofits & non government organisations combined with our passion for working within the social & economic development sector makes LIquid Light a perfect partner for your organisation.
We would love to talk to you
We are passionate about the world around us and have specialised in working on projects that make a difference, so we would love to help you harness the web to help you fulfill your mandate. Please call +44 1273 623 303 or
Liquid Light were fantastic from start to finish. They guided us throughout the process and ensured all our key objectives for the site were exceeded. We were absolutely delighted with the end product. We would gladly work with them again and would readily recommend them to others. Thank you Liquid Light!
As a partnership of over 50 developing countries, development agencies and UN organizations, the new WHO IHP+ website had to satisfy many different criteria. Liquid Light guided us through the design and development process in a very professional way, with excellent results and a website that we are all happy with.
Designing Award Winning Websites & Portals
Dedicated to helping nonprofits & NGO's achieve their mission & objectives
Building a brand to transform the way researchers access the UK’s wealth of public sector data
Enterprise class CMS for NGOs & Nonprofit
Whilst many agencies will offer Wordpress, Joomla or Drupal, we have chosen to offer our client’s more powerful & mature enterprise class tools using TYPO3 CMS which is one of the most powerful and flexible CMS platforms available in both the commercial and open source market place, ensuring our clients have the best technology platform to power their websites.
Enterprise class content management platform
Scalability, continuity, security, version control, auditing, access control
Benefits of open source development community
LAMP based CMS platform offering largest development community
Unrivalled flexibility & scalability
Whatever the size, complexity or requirement, TYPO3 CMS can deliver
Easy to use drag & drop content publishing interface
Intuitive & quick to learn platform empowering teams
Out of the box Multilingual & Multi-site capabilities
Built for clients with international needs & large digital estates.
Exceptional cost effective solution - Low TCO
Zero licence fee, Open Source, Standardised LAMP architecture, popular development environment
Functionally complete suite of content management tools
Drag & drop page builders, News, Events, Blogs, Rich Media, SEO optimised, etc
High performance & search engine optimised (SEO) code.
Exceptional FE display performance & benchmarking, highly SEO optimisation code
We question why so many noprofits & NGOs are limited by the likes of Wordpress, confounded by the likes of Drupal, or challenged by the cost of Sharepoint when they can have an enterprise class platform that has been refined, enhanced and optimised over many years to ensure it is the perfect CMS for non government organisations (NGOs), foundations and nonprofit organisations.
Digital support & services for nonprofit organisations & NGOs
As a multi award winning full service digital web agency for nonprofit organisation, we offer full planning and strategy service, brand development and web design, as well as enterprise class CMS development and website build to help our clients from initial concept to launch.
- Digital communications strategy
- Brand development & online identity
- User Experience design & design thinking
- User research: user interviews, usability testing and focus group facilitation
- Website, App, Platform and Product design & development
- Online marketing (Social media, Content strategy, SEO etc)
- Enterprise class multilingual and multi site CMS Development
- Third-party integrations (CRMs, bulk mail services, ecomm etc.)
- Intranet and Extranet design and development
- Ongoing creative, strategic and technical support
We work with many of our clients on an ongoing basis, with many of our relationships going back over a decade. We support our clients day-to-day, providing expert digital communication expertise and work with them as part of their team.
... we needed a company that had international experience, a fresh vision and a comprehensive team. We went through a very creative and constructive period with Liquid Light in developing our new website which is now fully active and has been well received by all our stakeholders … The Liquid Light team are creative, enthusiastic and able to deliver results.
When we moved to Liquid Light we had been badly burnt by our last web developers. The team at Liquid were able to offer short term solutions to undo the worst of the damage and a longer term plan to get us the number and type of visitors we needed. Since then we have seen our profile go from strength-to strength!